We had our opening service on Sunday the 3rd of September 2017 under the leadership of Pastor Reinhard and Anneke Kotze. During April 2018, Pastor Vincent and Sandra Piedt took over the responsibility of this ever growing family based ministry.
Whilst we remain faithful to the primary mission and vision of the mother church according to Isaiah 61:1-2
“… the Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because He has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor, He has sent me to bind up the broken hearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and to release from darkness the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favour… “
We urge all those being set free to make this your home where we help you:
- Coming to the understanding that you are now being delivered from the power of darkness and brought into the kingdom of His Son - Col 1:13 / Col 2:12-15
- Making a conscious decision to be rooted and built up in Him, and strengthen in the faith, as you allow yourself to be taught accordingly - Col 2:7
- Leaving behind the elementary teachings / principles and move unto perfection / spiritual maturity – Heb 6:1
- Joining us as we do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that you be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding - Col 1:9
Our evening services are mostly dedicated around simplified teachings from the Word of God according to Exod 23:30 and Deut 7:23 “little by little until you strong enough…” Our focus is to help you understand that your willpower together with the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit, are the united force to assist you taking up your responsibility as you face and conquer life’s challenges.
As a family we enjoy a cup of coffee or tea after the service in order to further strengthen our relationship with each other.
With the guidance of our pastoral couple, a Young Married Couple Ministry was established which gave birth to various family functions during this year. These functions established a social platform where families unite with other families as they venture into a journey towards wholeness.
This platform gave birth to AGM Somerset Ladies group which held their very first successful woman’s day event with the theme – cancer awareness.
Six of our own members have just completed their 1st year of intense training preparing them for practical ministry rather than focussing on an academic qualification. The added benefit to their advantage is the fact that our ministry serves as the place where they will complete their internship whilst preparing them for the ministry.
Past events – re photo gallery
- Youth Day celebration service
- Setup prayer breakfast meeting
- Woman’s day : theme - cancer awareness
- Various social fund raisers
- Establishment of children and youth ministries.
- Obtaining a bigger building for our growing ministry
- 15th December 2018 – Royal Dinner at our church
- 23rd December 2018 – Carols by candle light
- 31st December our new year celebration service
Keeping our members up-to-date and informed
We make extensive use of technology available to us
- Somerset Amazing Grace group
- Keeping members and visitors informed about upcoming events. Members are encourage to Post prayer requests with regards to well-being of family members and at the same time encouraging one another.Birthday / anniversary celebrations
- Worship Team group
- AGM Somerset YMC (young married couples)
- AGM Somerset Ladies group
- AGM Young People group
- Bible Students group
- 09h30 - Morning Service
- 18h00 – Evening Service
- Contact during Office hrs: Time 09h00 – 14h00
- Land line – 021 930 1504